To save the data contained in it, often people will use a password on their laptop. This is indeed the most important, especially if the data stored on the laptop is individual and work data. Because if someone were to access that laptop without your knowledge, where would you like this face to be if he saw your individual files? But this can also be a problem if you don’t have time to use the password to log into the laptop.
What happens if you don’t have a laptop password will definitely be the most annoying. You can’t work, can’t do college assignments until you can’t access photos, videos, and other urgent files. If you are currently experiencing the problems above, then you are reading the right article. Because the article, in this article I will give instructions on how to deal with forgotten laptop passwords. Whether it’s on Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.
How to Overcome Forgot Laptop Password
Follow these steps if you experience no time for a laptop or computer password.
1. Login with Safe Mode
Immediately, you can follow these steps to open the “built-in administrator” feature on a laptop:
- Turn on the laptop by pressing the power button, then when it’s booting press the F8 button again. Make sure you press this button before the laptop enters Windows.
- If successful then you will immediately enter the Advanced Boot Options screen.
- There are several menus on the screen but just select the Safe Mode menu. Press Enter.
- Next the laptop will immediately turn on, but with Safe Mode.
- Next, Buddy Androbuntu selects Administrator.
- The laptop will turn on completely in Safe Mode, then stay click the Start menu and then select Control Panel.
- After entering the All Control Panel Items menu, select User Accounts.
- Click Manage Another Account. Androbuntu friends then select the account you want to process the password or password for.
- You do this by clicking Change the Password.
- Please type your new password, repeat it 2 times.
- If so, click the Change Password button.
If you have done the steps above correctly, then just restart your laptop or PC. Then in the password field when you want to log in, enter the new password that you created earlier.
2. Log In Using Administrator Account
Forgot your Windows 7 laptop password can also be overcome by using an administrator account.
Just follow the steps below:
- Click the Start menu, then type lusrmgr.MSc
- By typing the words above, you will enter the Local Users and Groups menu
- Next click Users
- Then on the selected account, right-click then select the Set Password menu
- Please create a new password, when you click the OK button
You can do the above method in addition to Windows 7, it can also be done in Windows 8.
3. Using Hiren’s Boot CD
If you forget your Asus laptop password or other brands, then using Hiren’s BootCD is one solution that you can try. You can do this option if you have tried the two methods above but still fail to log into the laptop. Here are the steps for dealing with a laptop that doesn’t have a password using Hiren’s Boot CD:
- Download the Hiren app here
- Burning Hiren to a CD
- Insert the CD into the laptop’s CD ROM
- Boot over the CD
- Then follow the instructions given by Hiren
- If you are still confused about using Hiren’s Boot CD, you can read the full tutorial on the official website.
4. Reset Password Via Flashdisk
Next, the technique for overcoming the forgotten Lenovo laptop password that can be tried is using a flash. This method is more practical compared to the previous technique. Since you don’t need to buy a blank CD, I’m sure the majority of you already have a flash drive, right? Use your flash drive to reset the laptop password.
Here are the steps:
- Before your laptop logs into Windows, insert the flash drive into the USB port
- Then a password entry panel will appear
- Follow the steps to finish
- Enter your new password
- After everything has passed, click Finish
- After that, you can use the laptop using the new password.
5. Reinstall OS
The last, easiest, and most successful way to overcome forgotten computer or laptop passwords is to reinstall the OS. You can use any OS, from Windows 10, 8, 9 even Linux. The method would be too long to write here. But broadly speaking, you need to burn the ISO from the OS to a flash or CD. Then connect the media to the laptop, and boot to the media.
After that, follow the OS installation steps to complete. That way you can use the laptop as usual.